It's called GLOBAL warming

I’m not a scientist. I’m not a talk show host. I’m not a meteorologist. I’m a mom, and I’m an American living in Canada. You know, Canada? The country hosting the Winter Olympics? The ones where they have had to postpone events due to the unusually warm weather? The place where it’s rumored we live in igloos? It’s called Global warming….not just U.S. warming.

When I read that even Donald Trump is getting in to the Global warming witch hunt, I wanted to take a snow shovel to a snowman. But, I can’t. See, here in Canada, we’re experiencing a lack of snowfall. A sort of, dare I say, Global warming? Or, is it just a Canadian warming?  And don’t even get me started on Rush…I mean, really, environazis? Now I have yet another one of his words to add to my spell check.

I live in Montreal. I can count on one hand the number of times our pre-paid snow removal company has had to come and plow our driveway. I’m seeing patches of grass (and lots of dog poop) that we’re not supposed to be seeing until mid-March, at the earliest. Some of us new-Canadians actually want snow. Perhaps because I grew up in Arizona, I’m a sucker for snow and it’s still a novelty. My friends in Chicago, where we moved from 16 months ago, are tired of the snow, understandably.  

So, to the naysayers, the right wing pundits like Beck Limbaugh, Trump and Hannity and whoever else is seeking publicity…I’m sorry if this Global warming "myth" has rained on your Florida parade. Okay, I’m not really sorry.  It’s just not all about you. Nor is it all about the U.S. It’s a big, Global world out there. Why not stick your head in a snow bank, or send the snow up north to Canada. We’re starting to sweat up here, eh?